Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eating in Phuket - Black canyon coffee

Another ang moh food that we had has to be our American breakfast. The first breakfast in Phuket, I'm yearning for American breakfast. With big sausage, scramble egg and orange juice. Best if there's hashbrown around. It's nothing too difficult to ask for right? Because, I can really make a nice one myself. Haha. But, disappointment was the thing I got. I cannot remember which restaurant we went to, but it was along the Kata beach, and it was at the end. It should be either Kata mama (which I dun think so) or the one beside it (more likely). Hahaha! The photo looks great! But, what we got was.... Not a pretty sight at all!



To be fair, the egg was really nice. But the sausage is so small, and the bacon was really oily and the ham was just ok only. The bread was not too bad, but the butter dun taste good. The tea was fabulous and the orange juice was freshly squeezed and it was really sweet. So, overall, it was pretty ok. BUT BUT BUT! This whole set should not have cost 250 baht (S$11) ba.... Well, if you say it's cos of the view, then, ok lo. We have to settle for this because I was way too hungry and most of the restaurants were not opened yet. But, I'm not going to go back for this anymore!

The better American breakfast that I had was at Black Canyon Coffee. The breakfast sets were just 120 baht and it tasted better and it was more filling. Haha.







Not only this, Black canyon coffee also serves pretty nice drinks too! (From the top: Ice thai tea, Ice chocolate frappe and Ice black hazelnut frappe). Not too bad, I would say!







And, to top it up, they serve pretty nice thai food too. We tried their tom yum koon (yums), phat thai (not too bad), some fried chicken (ok la.the sauce was good), hor fun lookalike rice noodles (really tasted like hor fun) and american fried rice (fried rice lo). Haha. Din take any photos because I was still feeling very down from losing my diamond earring. But overall, the food was not too bad. Especially when it's just a few steps from the foot of the slope from our hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment