Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nandos at Plaza Singapura

I've heard loads of stories about Nandos. There's good ones, there's not too good ones. All in all, there's a lot of people talking about Nandos in a way or another. So I finally gave it a try!


The thing about the Nandos is the Peri-peri. It's actually chili in layman terms (ha!). And since it's the thing at Nandos, there's actually varying degree of peri-peri level (4 of them to be exact). Well, different levels will touch your tongue in different ways. Hahaha! As a su-la (singlish term for scary-cat, yet another singlish term, or a timid person), I chose to go along with the first 2 levels. Haha. Okay, back to the Nandos, so, on top of the Peri-peri, it is of course famous for the grilling. They grill the chicken with the sauces that they must be really proud of. And tadang! That's Nandos chicken for you.

Which means, we have to order the chicken somehow isn't it? So, I ordered the meal for 2 since there is 3 of us. I totally regretted that because unlike most places, the meal for 2 is seriously not enough for 3 people! *Disappointed*

Another disappointment about the meal for 2 is that there's a lot of stuffs that are not exciting at all. For example, the salad. I cannot appreciate the sauce and the vegetables they chose are the ones that are really raw and really bitter. I'm so sorry but I was thinking of the sushi teh sauce when I looked at the salad. Haha.


The drink that came along was good. It's some orange soda in layman terms I guess. Pretty good. Yum.


Wedges was good. Crispy and it wasn't very starchy inside. The reason why I usually prefers fries over wedges is because when the wedges were not done well, the insides gets real starchy and digusting while the outside remains crispy. But Nandos did it well. =D


The bread was good. Hard outside, soft inside. Haha. The butter was a little special. I believe olives were added into it. But then come again, I really prefer butter. Give me one thick stab of cold butter. Wooooo~


There's also this breast chicken strips. Too oily for my liking. And I never really fancy breast meat anyway.


And finally, here comes the main thing. For the meal for 2, the chicken comes in 2 pieces of 1/4 chicken. If you are lucky, you will get the drumstick. If you are not, there comes the breast meat again. But seriously, I have nothing against breast meat sometimes. There are really places which are able to cook it really tender and I love them! But for Nandos, it's pretty obvious that I don't exactly fancy the breast meat. 
  



I have to say, be it the lemon and herb or the mild peri peri, I love them all! The sauces were really good and it made the chicken taste really nice. But the thing is that, the tastefulness stops at the skins. It doesn't really get into the chicken. And that gets a little upsetting when the skins are gone and you are left with just the chicken. Ha! Thank goodness that the sauces that they place on the table are pretty good. It made up for the fact that my chicken skins were eaten up!

No comments:

Post a Comment