Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Paradize Dynasty

Probably not the ideal place to have our valentine's day dinner. Ha! BUT! Fulfilling our tummy is much much more important than having a nice romantic place. Ha!


But well, not that the place is too bad. It's actually pretty nice to me. =D A very Chinese place to me.



Okay. Like I said, the environment is not the most important factor. Haha.

Free flow of pu er tea! =D The attentive waitresses/waiters will fill up your cup before you finish the cup. Talk about attentive staffs.


The famous thing of the Paradize group! It's the colorful xiao long bao!!! Woohoo! As to why is there so many colors, it's actually because there's 8 different favors. My advice is to try all of them if it's your first time at the Paradize. After that, pick your favorite one and just order that. You never know until you tried! (For instance, I'm pretty shocked at tasting cheese in a xiao long bao.) The soup in the xiao long bao is really very nice! You definitely taste the favor that you are supposed to taste. In addition, the meat inside was tender and the skin was good. I am ready to boycott Crys**t J*de after tasting them. =D Plus, the xiao long bao was of a good size too. The one-mouth-bite-size.


The cold duck was really tasty. The coldness of the dish was actually a refreshing taste after the piping hot xiao long bao. Love to order them whenever we are at CJ. Meat was tender and not too salty. Done up to my liking!


The soup that was famous for their ramen has to be the pig bone soup. Very fragrant. The noodles was very well done. Not too hard and not too soggy. There's a lot of different types of pork they put in. There's sliced pork, pork chop lookalike etc. I felt that they were pretty generous with the pork serving.



Heh. My favorite dish in restaurants that offers them. Hahaha! It was the best that I have had so far (please tell me where to get even better ones please!) I love the way the chili, oil and the dumplings merge together. I cannot stand it when the dish gets too hot but this was just nice for me. I had to make sure that the entire dumpling is covered with the chili sauce before putting it into my mouth because the sauce tasted real yummy to me. Haha.


Ah. This is the gou bu li bao zi (translated into the dog don't care about the bun). Urm, so, does it mean that even dogs also don't want to eat this? Hahaha. So, I had to order it to see what is this about. I mean, I've heard about this bun since forever, but I had never had a bite of it!


So, it's a bun with loads of meat inside. Hahahaha! Not as salty as the normal meat bun that I buy. Probably, the skin is a little different too. But, I have no real liking towards it because it had not manged to stimulate my taste buds in a way that they love. I prefer the juicy meat buns we buy at coffee shops. (I'm sorry, little buns.)


At the rate we were eating, we were totally bloated beyond words. BUT BUT BUT! The desserts on the menu looks pretty good to me. I have to order them. Haha.

So, this is the aloe vera in osmantus lemon juice. Something like that. The osmantus is really very fragrant! You can find them real in the dessert. It's definitely not just the favoring. Plus, the lemon gave a tinge of sour to the sweet dessert. Aloe vera was crunchy. I LIKE!!


My favorite. Pumpkin slices. From the photo of the menu, I guessed that it's going to be something like grilled pumpkin. Well, I ordered it because I always liked grilled pumpkin when I'm at a Japanese restaurant. But heh, I was pretty shocked when I bite it. It's nothing like just grilled pumpkin AT ALL. Instead, it has the texture of the nian gou or mua chee (that's a little sticky chewy). But the pumpkin smell was not to be mistaken. What's more, the semi-crispy skin was to die for. Haha. It's the combination of crispy on the outside and chewy in the inside. LOL! Top it up with the fact that the dish is warm. My conclusion is that I like warm chewy desserts. =D


I had never gave thumbs up for desserts in a Chinese restaurant before. Ha.

Give it a try! I've really decided that I'm going to boycott CJ from now on. LOL! It's a little pricier than CJ and Ding Tai Feng itself. But, I don't think it deviated a lot from them. Pay a little more for the better food? However, brace yourself for a crowd during meal times. We escaped a queue because we went in earlier (6pm). By the time we came out of it (around 8pm), the usual crowd had gathered in the usually empty ION.

Address: ION Orchard. #04-12A

No comments:

Post a Comment