Monday, August 16, 2010

Aston @ Sembawang Shopping Center



I do not understand the hype over Aston across Singapore. Seriously, there's always a long queue! I began to wonder if the food is that nice? But heys, I think it's more because of the price. Lol.

But to test out the hypothesis, we have to try it (we are getting pretty poor anyway). And of course, I picked the branch that's in the most perfect location to us! Sembawang Shopping Center! Haha. We can go home easily from there and the queue will not be as long as the town area. Lol! So, we traveled from Suntec back to Sembawang again. =D

I would say, I would not want to go back there again.

The deco of the place was not too bad. It does gives a better environment that the warm warm hawker center. But heys, the air-con does not seem to be working well on the day we went though. Haha.


Since sometime back, I've joined my dear in ordering steaks when we go to places that offer that. Haha. So, he ordered a sirloin steak and I ordered a ribeye steak. And keep in mind, we requested for it to be done to medium.

Dear's sirloin. Like many of the places who don't do their steaks well, this one has only the middle part done to medium. The rest are all 100% cooked! As a result, the meat is so tough. I don't like it.


Every set comes with 2 side dishes of your choice. I have to say, the side dishes are so much better than the main dish itself. But the onion rings were too soggy for our liking. No, onion rings should not taste like this. The mash potato was pretty good though.

And I have a lot a lot of complains for my ribeye steak. Remember I said, I want it medium done? Look at the blood on the surface of the steak! (Ok, it was not that obvious here. Haha. I also did not take the photo of the cut steak before we ask for a new one. Lol!) But it was medium rare and below ba. It's like only the surface is cooked! Gosh.


So, we asked for a new one. Can you see a little color difference? Anyway, this new piece was so much better. And it was really medium. If they had recooked the old piece, I swear, I'll do something to them. Luckily, they did not. But I half suspect that they reuse the side dishes though. Because the fries at the bottom had blood stains. Lol.


Come to think of it, why didn't someone came and apologize to us? Lol. Even when they represent us the plate, they did not actually said sorry. It's not that difficult and it doesn't take so long right?

But heys, the corn is really very very nice! And I love the fries too! That made me forgot about any bad things I wanted to think about Aston. Lol. Please order the corn even though it gets super messy and unglamorous to eat them. LOL! You know that it's so juicy that the juice will squirt out?! Haha.

Something I don't like is, they charge us for ice water. Ok fine, it's not a lot of money but I don't like restaurants to charge for ice water. Because they are just tap water with a few pieces of ice. Haha. But wells, since they are not charging us a lot and that no service charge was paid, ok fine. Lol. I cannot complain much anyway.


At the end, we only spend $27. Haha.


But no, I will not return to a place just because it is cheap. I would seriously go to the hawker center for their western food instead. There are really some places that sells really very nice ones. Ang Mo Kio for example (their queue is horrendous can?). Ok, that's it, I'm going there soon! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment