Sunday, August 1, 2010

Old Town Coffee and Toast cafe, Soup Spoon and Ikea

I fell in love with Old Town the last time I went to Genting. Ah dear was sooooo hungry the moment we touched down, and so he bought quite a lot of Old Town toast. My god, I remembered it was an agonizing long wait for the toast! But hey, it was really nice! =D And then when we reached Genting, we bought more again! Me like me like! Hehs.

(Under poor lighting, iPhone sure takes lousy picture! That's the problem when I don't bring my camera out everyday. Haha!)

Old Town started off from Malaysia, but now, you can find their instant coffee everywhere! But hmm, I'm not a great fan of coffee. I don't like the smell of it. BUT! I thought the white coffee was NICE! Haha. And, it was a great companion in the cold cold Genting. Haha.

So, I got really happy when I saw it in Singapore! Haha. I went to get some toasts to calm my growling stomach since I was at NTU the other day. =D Oh, that made me really happy even though I'm supposed to be on a strict diet. Hahaha!

In case you are looking for the branch in JP, here's the address. It's neatly tucked away on the top front, near the NTUC xtra. Hehs.


Well, as I was saying, I was on a strict diet. So, I only ordered one toast (it was a taboo too cos that's not liquid diet at all!) and no white coffee (I cannot take caffeine products). I was happy enough!


Seriously, I had long forgotten the taste of the toast. The last time I tasted it seems so long ago. Haha. So, I only remembered it as very nice. But, I expected the taste of a normal toast. Oh, but the moment I bite in, I have to go 'Ohhhhhhh....'. (If you know me well enough, ya, I gave that lighted up face that I always give when I eat something nice. Hahaha!) Ya, alone, in the middle of JP2. Lol!


I'm seriously craving for moreeeeeee.

==========================================================================

I love going to Ikea. Not because of furniture, not because of meatballs and chicken wings, but because of THIS! My favourite hot dog bun! Haha. Actually, I think it's not too difficult to find hotdog buns like this around. But, since we are near Ikea, I have an excuse to eat a hotdog bun that can make me smile non-stop. =D So, why not? Hehs.

I love steam bread! Because they are always so soft and yummy!

==========================================================================

Went to soup spoon on Friday after Ikea since there's buses to Vivo. BOO! That's not exactly what I would love to eat when I'm at Vivo city! Haha. But well, considering that I should attempt to eat as much healthy food that's smoothing to my stomach, OK FINE!

But erm, no, I wun want to go back there for dinner anytime in future. Seriously, I felt really miserable through the entire dinner. You should ask Ah dear for my gloomy face la. Haha.

The main reason why I felt miserable was seriously not because the soup is not nice. But mainly because I need more texture other than plain soup for a meal. If it's the starters, I would not mind that much. Oh, blame it on my stomach. Haha!

That's ah dear's clam chowder. Quite nice! Haha. At least there are ingredients to chew chew chew. Hehs.


My pumpkin soup (because ah dear say I cannot eat tomato. BOO!). Grrrr... I want MEAT! Or at least vegetables! Haha. It was a little sweet. Hehs. First few mouths were really good. I got so sick and tired of the taste after some time. I didn't finish the whole bowl. Haha.


Please do not ask me there to drink soup for dinner again!

==========================================================================

Realized something? My main reviews are on bread bread and more bread! Lol! This explains how much I love eating bread. Hehs.

2 comments:

  1. actually you should have ordered the sandwich set from soup spoon, their sandwiches not bad! and since the soup so big, can share share also...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH REALLY?! Maybe the next time I pick up courage to enter the place again. Haha. Too much good food around. This is like almost the last place I would pick if not for my stomach condition. Lol!

    ReplyDelete