Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sembawang Bai Mi Fen

I've passed this place like so many times but I never went in. Because it's either I have other agenda or because I just feel like eating something else suddenly. But yesterday, we finally went to Sembawang just for Bai Mi Fen after hearing the reviews about it. Plus, it went onto the newspaper the other day too! And oh, not to mention, there's a direct shuttle service from Ah dear's house, so, why not? Hehs.

This place is situated opposite the Sembawang Shopping center. To get there, you can catch the shuttle service from Yishun/Sembawang MRT station. Or take buses like 858, 856, etc. LOL! (What a great guide huh?) Just look across the street, you should be able to catch their signboard!

Oh, look at the crowd!


They came up with a system. And that is to go to the back to order and get a queue number. Hmmm, we realized ar. It's not first come first serve basis. It's first order first serve basis! So we got ourselves a queue number and just stand around waiting to be seated. That's why we call popularity huh.

The auntie in red is the staff. Hehs. Remember to walk to the back! Because some people actually stood near the front, which is around their signboard to wait for an empty table! No, it doesn't work this way! =D


And finally, we were seated. Hehs. Food arrival takes really really long, considering that we had ordered and waited for quite some time before being seated. Oh wells, you just have to wait for good food, I guess.

And tadang, the time when our utensils and chili were placed on our table, I got happy. Haha. Oh, the chili smells really nice! But when I tasted it, oh, it's spicy man! Hahaha. (Did you notice a smiley face?)


After some time, our first dish appeared. Oh, we did not order this actually. We only ordered the famous bai mi fen and the salt and pepper prawns because I thought I should still control a little on my diet. Hehs. They had a mixed up with the orders. But, oh wells, we have to eat this fried squid. BUT OH MY GOD! It was the nicest fried squid I had ever had!! It was not too dry like most of the fried stuffs. And, the squid itself was really fresh and soft. LIKE LIKE LIKE! Lucky for the mixed up! Hehs. Oh, This whole plate cost $8.


And then, after quite some time, our prawns finally came. It tasted great! But, I seriously don't like to peel prawn shells in public sia.. Hehs. And, I think, after un-shelling the prawn, the nice taste of the dish is gone. Just like how cereal prawn operates. Lol. Not too bad. I think this was $12. Haha.


And finally, the baby of the restaurant! Bai Mi Fen (白米粉 or white bee hoon)! Hehs. Wooooo. The texture of the bee hoon was a texture that I had never tasted before sia. Hmm. It's soft and easy to eat. More lime and gravy will be even better. I thought it tasted a little like sa cum mai though. You have to try it to understand the taste itself. Haha! I see that almost every (or all the) tables ordered it! And they finished till the last strand sia.. Haha. But we did not because the portion was too big to be managed by the both of us!

That was a great dinner! Haha. Because I had no major uncomfort after the meal. Woohoo! But at least I took a little caution and stop eating when I start feeling full. Hehs. Wooohooo! I'm so going to bring my parents there one day. (I've actually done it, but I've always end our dinner somewhere else instead. Muahahahaha! Next time! I promise! Hehs)

2 comments:

  1. Nice nice~~~ I ordered quite a lot of dishes and shared with 2 other frens and it is still cheap~~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA!!! What other dishes did you tried?

    ReplyDelete