Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dian Xiao Er @ Causeway Point

I had never been a big fan of Chinese restaurants, but because we are stranded in Causeway Point (limited food selection) with mama (rejects Japanese, Western cuisine), you tell me, what do we have left with? Haha. So we march into Dian Xiao Er!


I remembered that when the chain of stores first appear, the uproar about the restaurant was because of the deco and the duck. But as more and more chains appear, it became 'just another restaurant' to me. I don't really like restaurants with a lot of chains because I felt that the uniqueness of the place is gone, and the sense of personal touch by the boss is gone too. So I usually steer away from them, unless necessary, like yesterday. Haha. But heys, the food have to be of some standards if they can open so many chains right?! Lol!

Judging from the knowledge of everyone's appetite, we decided to opt for the family meal for 2 even though there's 3.5 (well, we can't really count lotus as 1 right?) of us.

So, first came the soup. Not too bad, but I like mama's soup more.

And then, the pork ribs. Omg! The first taste was heavenly! Haha. We like the sauce of the ribs. It was really well done! But it was a tad spicy too. I guess it was from the black pepper. Yum yum! (There's supposed to be 3 more ribs in this dish. Ooops. Hahaha!)


The vegetables (baby kai-lan) look really normal. But upon tasting it, I would have to take back my words. Hahaha. I wonder what they put in their sauce because it tasted a little sour. And it was the right tinge of sour that made the vegetables really yummy!


And the star of the day --> DUCK! It's what Dian Xiao Er was famous for all the while isn't it? The skin was bbq (is it?) to the right texture. Cripsy but yet they retain the soft fats beneath it. The meat was succulent too. Oh, the sauce perfected the dish. And it was supposed to be nutritious! We got the Dang Gui Duck which was really YUMMMMMY!!! Haha. I could just have the duck and a bowl of white rice. That'll make me a happy kelly! LOL!


It was a dinner that was surprisingly delicious. Haha. But heys, something bad about the place is that, the service there was really bad. Like seriously. The moment they hear that we want to order the family set for 2, we can practically see that they dimmed immediately. WHAT?! And thank god we ordered the set for 2 because we could barely finish the whole dinner. Ah dear was the last survivor of course! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment