Monday, August 9, 2010

胡椒饼 (Hu Jiao Bing/Pepper Pie?!)

Ok, this is such a random post. I know. But seriously, I was looking through my old travel photos and saw this photo again! Slurps slurps.


This is definitely something that my dear and I loves the most from Taipei. Haha. It was oh-so-great. Till now, we would think of it occasionally and we just longed to go back to Taipei for it. Haha!


I cannot be sure about the other places that sells this hu jiao bing. But what I can be sure of is that this shop actually sells super delicious hu jiao bing. The meat is really juicy and succulent. Juice really can come out of it! Plus! The vegetables (that you cannot see from the photo) added a lot of flavor to the peppery taste of the meat. And we cannot forget the crust! It's oh-my-god....... Haha. Heavenly. Slurps slurps.

And what's more, the whole thing was piping hot when we bought it (we went twice on two separate days and they tasted the same!). What can be more perfect than this when you are feeling so cold from the rain? Haha.

Ok, after saying so much and possibly making you salivate, do I have to tell you where we bought it? Lol! It's at Taipei (uh-oh, there's no hu jiao bing in Singapore!). Exact address, I'm not too sure. But we took the MTR to the 国父纪念馆 and came out at the exit 3 (I hope it's the right one!) and then walk away from the bubble tea shop and then towards the traffic light or the 50lan bubble tea shop. Hehs. (By the way, we chance upon this shop! Lol!)

The shop front look like this:

Try their sweet potato if you want! It's uber sweet and terribly soft and nice. ME LOVEEE!


I am quite sure that there are other stalls selling this. And this is definitely not the stall that had been starred on the television before. But me think it is really super duper uber nice and that you have to try it. And please, eat it for me if you are at taipei. =D

1 comment:

  1. hmm. I haven't been here for quite some time but this is becoming more and more like a food blog. haha.

    ReplyDelete