Friday, August 20, 2010

Eat Healthy

There's only 2 reasons for this. One, I want to cook and I'm getting a little sick eating the same thing over and over again. Two, I have to solve the problem of constipation. High fiber diet could be a way! =D

So, I set out to start thinking of lunch ideas. I tried to be as balanced as possible. But the most important criteria is to have as much fiber as possible. And I try to put as much vegetables as possible into my lunch because I'm so sure that vegetables is the best!

After a few days of cooking, I realized that these 2 gave me the highest satisfaction. =D

Japanese curry with brown rice
Added loads of carrots to make it healthier. Haha. I think the healthier part is only the brown rice (fiber fiber fiber!) ba. Hehs. I just had this craving to cook this, so I had to do it. My gosh. It took me 40 minutes! I only planned 20. So, I was a little later at work as a result. Lol. But, I think it's really nice! =D Even my parents said it smelled really nice (ok, no one except me tasted the dish). I used baby carrots and one potato and cut a few pieces of marinated pork. The curry was initially pretty diluted but I cooked till it thickens, so the ingredients all absorbed quite a lot of the taste. =D

Colorful vegetables with brown rice below
I always wished that I can make a very colorful bento. So, I tried to have green, orange and yellow around. And, I only managed to find these 3 to make up the color. SO BRIGHT RIGHT?! Haha. All the vegetables are only boiled because I don't like stir fried vegetables recently. But they were marinated with Mummy's recipe (she purposely add some sesame oil in to make sure I eat some fats!). It was realllllly nice. Especially the brown rice below. LOL!

Another thing that I love is my wholemeal bread! =D Especially with my pork floss and nutella and scrambled egg. =D

Fiber fiber fiber! I had never ever love fibers so much in my life. Vegetables and wholemeal products. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment